Saving Pets, One Paw at a Time
A no kill shelter for pet dogs & cats
Online Cat Pre-Adoption Application
Thank you for taking the first step in Adopting a new pet and bringing some joy into both your home and into a dogs or cats life.
Please fill out the form below, or click to print and mail a copy. This Pre-Adoption application must be filled out completely in order to be considered, do not skip any question. If a question does not apply to please enter N/A. If your application is accepted a representative from Waggin' Tails will contact you. If your application is accepted you will be required to sign a hard copy of an Adoption agreement.
City, State, Zip
1. What type of cat are you interested in, type no preference where applicable?
Name of cat interested in:
2. How many people currently reside in your household?
3. Any children in the household?
4. For whom are you adopting the Cat ?
5. Does any members of the Family have allergies to Cats ?
6. Who will be responsible for the cats care ?
8. Do you own or rent your residence ?
8-a If you rent, name and Phone# of Landlord?
9. Are companion animals allowed where you live?
10. Where will the cat be kept ?
11. a. If outdoors, will the cat be:
12. Will anyone be home during the day with the cat?:
13. How many hours will the cat be left unattended?
14. When no one is home, where will the cat be kept?
15. If you move, what will you do with the cat?
16. How far from the road/traffic is your home located?
17. What is the volume of traffic ?
18. Have you ever had a companion animal before?
19. Describe those Companion animals you still care for or that are living in your home.
Name | Breed | Age | Spade/Neutered | Kept where | Time in your care
20. Describe those Companion animals you no longer care for or passed.
Name | Breed | Age | Spade/Neutered | Kept where | Time in your care | Reason no longer with you
21. Are your current companion animals current on there Vaccinations?
22. Please provide name of the Veterinarian you have used.
23. Please provide Phone number of the Veterinarian you have used.
24. Are you financially able and willing to provide annual checkups, vaccinations, and ANY medical care necessary?.
25. If you have a dog, is he/she permitted to run loose with the Cat?
26. What precautions would you take to properly introduce a new cat into your home if you have other
animals (a dog, bird, rabbit, another cat, etc.)?
27. What will you do if your new cat does not get along with your present companion animals?
28. Are you planning on declawing your new cat?
29. Have you ever adopted an animal from a rescue/animal control agency?
30. Have you ever had an application rejected for adoption of an animal from a rescue/animal control facility?
31. Why do you want to adopt a Cat?
32. If a disciplinary or behavior problem arises, what steps will you take to work on it?
33. Are you familiar with your local animal control laws?
34. Are you willing to sign legal adoption papers?
35. Do you agree to permit a visit to your home by appointment?
By signing this form, I/we acknowledge that all information on this form is true and correct. I/we understand that any misrepresentation of fact may result in Waggin' Tails Pet Rescue refusing adoption privileges to me/us. If my/our request for adoption is approved and later Waggin' Tails Pet Rescue discovers the above information is not true or correct, Waggin' Tails Pet Rescue reserves the right to remove the adopted cat from my home.
Waggin' Tails is run by a group of all volunteers, All our Volunteers work full time jobs and do this in there spare time. All applications are reviewed and only those that are the best fit for a particular animal will be contacted. If you don't hear from one of or reps it because someone else may have been a better fit for the animal chosen.