Saving Pets, One Paw at a Time
A no kill shelter for pet dogs & cats
Thank you for taking the first step in becoming a foster family and bringing some joy into both your home and into a dogs life.
Please fill out the form below, or click to print and mail a copy. This foster application must be filled out completely in order to be considered, do not skip any question. If a question does not apply to please enter N/A. After your application is reviewed a representative from Waggin' Tails will contact you. If your application is accepted you will be required to sign a hard copy of the foster agreement you just read to get to this page.
Waggin' Tails Foster Home Application
Names and numbers of three references not living with you.
1. What makes you want to foster a pet?:
2. What kinds of pets have you had in the past? (Cats/Dogs etc.):
3. What happened to them?:
4. What is the longest you owned a pet?:
5. Do you know how to crate train a pet?:
6. Please describe any training experience you have had in handling animals.?:
7. Do your pets have Licences 8. Identification Tags 9. Microchips.?:
10. Please list the pets you now have in your home, if you presently have no pets, enter N/A.
Types of Pets, Ages,Sex, Spade or Neutered
13. Do you have children:
15. Are your children trained to handle animals gently?:
16. Will your children or children visiting your home be closely supervised while with your foster Pet?:
17. Who will be the primary foster caretaker for the Pet?
18. What will you do with your foster animal if you leave on vacation?
19. Is everyone in your home aware of the amount of time and attention a Animal needs?
20. What is your family schedule like?
21. How long will the foster Foster be left alone?
22. Where will you keep the Foster when no one is home?
23. Do you live in a house/apartment/town house/condominium
25. If you rent, do you have permission in writing from the owner/manager to keep a Animal?
26. What is the Foster weight limit permited?
31. Do you have a covered, shaded area in your yard or a dog house?
32. Do you have a Pet door?
33. What will you do if your foster animal knocks over a plant or chews something in your home?
34. What will you do if your foster Animal turns out to be very noisy?
35. What will you do if your foster turns out to play roughly/aggressive?
36. What will you do if your foster has a potty accident?
37. What do you plan to do if your foster pet does not work out in your home?
38. What types of dogs or cats would you like to foster:
39. Would you be willing to attend obedience classes or seminars offered by Waggin' Tals?:
40. Do you or any of your family members have any known allergies to pets?:
By clicking the SUBMIT APPLICATION button you are certifying that all your answers are true to the best of your knowledge.
12. Would you be willing to foster a special needs animal. ( blind,cripple,diabetic etc.)
a. Name of Current Veterinarian:
b. Veterinarian's Address:
c. Veterinarian's Phone Number: